Schumacher Place is a great urban neighborhood in Columbus, OH, and is one of the best kept secrets in Columbus. East of German Village, it has the same wonderful German flavor and feel. The neighborhood has been a designated area of Columbus’ near south side since 1983. It was named for one of the neighborhood’s oldest families, the Schumachers. In 1888, Max Schumacher opened and owned a dairy near his home at 343 Sycamore Street. His barn stood where Sycamore Condominiums now stand.
Today, Schumacher Place consist of over 700 homes. The oldest section, found north of Sycamore Street, is characterized by closely-set brick homes with small yards. South of Sycamore, the houses are predominantly wood-framed and were built between 1900-1925.
Schumacher Place is a neighborhood of diversity with a variety of people and housing choices within its boundaries.